Greetings Badgers, I discovered your show a few months back and I love you guys and have been listening almost non stop for said months now.
You guys have brought me joy, anger and frustration, and Alison’s passionate speeches have moved me to tears, at my workplace where I weld, suffer high risks of death from explosions, poisoning, crushing, falling, burning, impalement, and where I flip 1 tonne steel beams, which jet fuel can’t melt.
I really want to see a feminazi do that.
I’m a white, heterosexual, cis-man(scum), from Sweden, and my reason for writing you is to translate a debate article that was featured in one of Sweden’s largest newspapers.
It’s only the largest because it’s free and can be picked up at any train/bus station, and almost every public area where you have to wait for something.
The name of this debate article is; Ten Commandments All Men Should Read, by Erik Petterson. And here it is fully translated.
English is my secondary language so there might be errors here and there,
apologies in advance.
I’m sitting at home and reading different articles about men in groups that molest women. Cologne, Kalmar, Karlstad, Stockholm. The media reporting has directed the attention towards a bunch of these happenings, but I’m immediately thinking that this is the tip of an ice berg. This is no “freak event”, no, this is something that women all over the world suffer daily in various degrees.
I, as a heterosexual man, is of course provoked. I have never at all been able to understand how somebody can cross a line that to me is very clear.
Attraction and sexual drive are certainly natural things, but empathy and respect for other human beings are equally natural to me. I still believe, maybe naively so, that most men would agree.
You can’t ignore the part of the debate that states that the perpetrator’s behaviour is connected to cultural heritage.
Yeah, sure there seems to exist different views of women in different cultures. But I want to make a point of that it is not important in this context. This is about all men, and this is not the time to do as we did in kindergarten and put the blame on somebody else. We need to take our responsibility, we need to have the talk with our brothers, sons, fathers, mates, and strangers. We need help to set boundaries, because some of us seem to have a problem with that.
The mayor of Cologne is warranting a “code of conduct for women”.
Here instead comes ten commandments specially designed for heterosexual men:
1. Never let your sexual drive win over your respect of other people’s integrity.
2. Learn to read peoples signals, especially those that hint that what you are doing is not wanted.
3. If a person sends out those signals that are described in point 2, immediately stop what ever you were doing.
4. If it’s harder to follow points 1-3 during the influence of alcohol, learn were your line is, or simply refrain from drinking.
5. If other heterosexual men are having trouble following point 1-4, make it a habit of correcting them verbally.
6. Make sure that you on a deep level understand terms like feminism, gender hierarchy, and privilege.
7. Help other heterosexual men to on a deep level understand the terms stated in point 6.
8. Realize that you, within the current gender hierarchy, are among the most privileged in society.
9. Use your privileged position to raise up someone less privileged.
10. A gentleman is strong, brave, unselfish, and but others well being before his own. Be a gentleman!
Please do put this list up on your fridge at home, in the break room at work, at school, the men’s room at the pub. Or translate it to another language and share it online. But above all, let this be common law for yourself and other men! It will be good for everyone then.
Written by: Erik “Errka” Petterson, Translated by Bork
My humble request is that you can discuss some of this for a minute or two, and if you want me to send you more leftist, PC, feminist shit from the laughing stock of the west do tell.
Hugs and kisses from the frozen north
– Love Bork
PS. Hopefully Alison will be pleased with paragraphs.
PPS. Tell Karen that I would love to raid her monastary, if I was not in a
monogamous relation(dragon)ship. #Catcall-ish
Link to original article: